Beer presents a hostile environment to the growth of most micro-organisms, however some species of lactic acid bacteria (LAB), including Pediococcus Damnosus, are still able to spoil your brew. Competing with your precious yeast in consuming sugars, LAB reduce alcoholic fermentation, whilst generating unwanted compounds which contribute to off-flavour, unwanted haziness, and ropiness.
LYSOBIER® leverages the powerful natural anti-bacterial function of lysozyme, eliminating unwanted bacteria from the brewing process, while protecting and decontaminating the yeast.
LYSOBIER® is easy to use, and can be added at several stages of the brewing process; from protecting fresh pitched yeast, to protecting the wort during cooling and fermentation. Addition of LYSOBIER® during bottling protects bottle conditioned beers, preventing unwanted chill-hazing, in addition to significantly extending shelf-life without the need for pasteurisation or filtration.
LYSOBIER® also significantly improves foam quality, whilst imperceptibly improving the taste of the beer, as determined by independent blind taste tests. This property of LYSOBIER® is of particular interest to brewers responding to the demand for low- and no-alcohol (LNA) beers, as consumers become increasingly more health conscious.
Try LYSOBIER® in your next home, craft or microbrew, the natural way to protect your beer from spoilage.
- Prevents and protects beer from spoilage caused by LAB
- Prevents organoleptic defects, ropiness, beer haze, and off-flavour
- Stabilises beer foam
- Prolongs the shelf-life of unpasteurised and unfiltered beers
- Improve the organoleptic properties of low and no-alcohol (LNA) beers
- Yeast washing in a natural, gentler manner than acid washing
- Stabilisation of beer foam, taking advantage of LYSOBIER®’s natural emulsifying properties
- 2008 Authorisation by US Alcohol & Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) for use in beer (27 CFR § 24.246)
- 2012 Approval in EU for beers that will not receive pasteurisation or sterile filtration (EC reg. 471/2012)
- Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000
- Certified Kosher
LYSOBIER® is sold in Kilograms(Kg)